You can use any kind of makeup sponge and it will work just as well. You can also use a buffing brush for a similar finish or a kabuki brush. They are both flat so it would give you a flawless finish just as the beauty blender does.
Which type of beauty blender is best?
- Best Overall: L'Oréal Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender at Amazon.
- Best Budget: L.A. Girl Beauty Sponge at Target.
- Best Investment: Fenty Beauty Precision Makeup Sponge.
- Best Silicone: Ulta Dual Sided Silicone & Sponge Blender at Ulta.
- Best Latex-Free:
- Best Classic:
- Best for Baking:
- Best Set:
What is the difference between a beauty blender and a makeup sponge?
A wedge makeup sponge can do the same things as a beautyblender in terms of liquid and cream makeup applications and blending. The key difference comes from the difference in design. Wedge makeup sponges have flat edges and bottoms which allow you to truly reach every edge of your facial contour.
Is a beauty blender worth it?
With a Beautyblender, there's zero risk of leaving behind streaks on your skin, and it can help perfect your skin for a camera-ready appearance. However, if you prefer makeup brushes over sponges, then you'd be better off exploring our favorite foundation brushes and makeup brush sets on Amazon.
Can you use a brush instead of a beauty blender?
VIDEO: How To Use a Beautyblender Sprinkle recommends working with synthetic brushes if you're applying liquid foundations, as they're easier to sanitize, and create a smooth, even finish. "A sponge is great for sheering out creams and liquids," he adds. "However, keep in mind that it can absorb a lot of product."
Which Beautyblender is best?
- Best Overall: Fenty Beauty Precision Makeup Sponge.
- Best Budget: Essence Makeup & Baking Sponge.
- Best Classic: Beautyblender Original Makeup Sponge.
- Best Value: L'Oréal Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender at Amazon.
- Best Silicone: Ulta Fingerprint Silicone Blender at Ulta.
- Best Set: