Laser Hair Removal Aftercare Don'ts
- Avoid Sun Exposure, Saunas, and Hot Baths for Several Days.
- Avoid Tanning Lotions for Several Days.
- Avoid Lotions with Perfumes and Fragrances for 48 Hours.
- Don't Apply Pressure to the Treated Area for Several Days.
- Avoid Body Scrubs for 48 Hours.
- Don't Go Swimming for 48 Hours.
What should I put on my skin after laser hair removal?
Post Laser Hair Removal Treatment Care. Be careful with hot water. Do not bathe the area with very hot water until it has healed. Keep the area moist with Cetaphil Cream, Cerave Cream, or Aquaphor Healing Ointment until the inflammation resolves and the area is healed.
What should I do immediately after laser?
Immediately after your treatment, redness & bumps at the treatment area are common; these may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress if the sensitivity continues. If there is any crusting, apply an antibiotic cream.
What are the do's and don'ts of laser hair removal?
Below are the dos and don'ts before a laser procedure.
- Clean Your Skin Before the Treatment.
- Stop Waxing or Plucking.
- Shave the Treatment Area.
- Avoid Sun Exposure.
- Use Medications with Caution.
- Use Skin Products Carefully.
- Avoid Alcohol.
- Refrain from Drinking Coffee.
Is it OK to pull hair out after laser?
If you tweeze out hairs, you are disrupting its growth phase, canceling out the treatment you just received to remove it. It can also cause future treatments to be less effective. It is recommended to leave the treated area alone. A few weeks after treatment, the dead hairs will shed and fall out naturally.
How long should I wait till I wash my underarms after laser?
You can shower after laser hair removal treatment but it is best to wait until the day after your session. Keep the temperature of the water quite tepid to avoid your skin becoming irritated.