Selling makeup with GlamBot is a great way to recuperate some of the money spent on unused beauty products, declutter your vanity, and prevent waste. We've been there. You buy a beauty product, whether it's a new moisturizer, a popular foundation, or a celebrity-endorsed fragrance, and it just doesn't work for you.
How to sell your cosmetics?
Starting your own beauty brand
- Identify your ideal beauty niche.
- Research your competition.
- Set your beauty brand apart.
- Reselling the products.
- Connect with your customers.
- Proper labelling of your beauty products.
- Consider sustainable packaging.
What makeup sells the most?
Within the color cosmetics category in the U.S., eye cosmetics was the most profitable segment. In 2022, about 2.1 billion U.S. dollars were generated from sales of eye cosmetics in the U.S. Meanwhile, facial cosmetics was the second most profitable segment, with a sales revenue of 1.8 billion U.S. dollars.
Can I sell used makeup on Mercari?
Yep, people buy gently used makeup and skincare – that stuff can be expensive at retail! Got an eyeshadow palette you only used a few times? Tried a foundation and the color wasn't right? Now's a great time to go through your makeup bags and bathroom drawers, collect anything with life left, and list it!
Can I sell unopened makeup?
To unload unused (as in, never opened and never swatched) beauty products, head to Poshmark or eBay. Both platforms are user-friendly and give you full control of your products, from the pictures to the price.
How do you start selling makeup?
How to start a makeup business
- Conduct market research.
- Create your concept.
- Develop product ideas.
- Write an eCommerce business plan.
- Design your branding and packaging.
- Formulate and produce your makeup.
- Test your formulas for safety and efficacy.
- Finalize manufacturing and sourcing.